#25 Ellen Johannesen - Between Yogic and Buddhist Perspectives
January 22, 2021
Nathan Thompson & Evgeny Dziatko
Norway-born, Kathmandu-based KPJAYI authorised level 2 Ashtanga yoga teacher, co-founder of the first Ashtanga studio In Oslo, buddhist practitioner and scholar of Himalayan languages and Tibetan philology - Ellen Johannesen shares with us her fascinating life story as we change between buddhist and yogic perspectives exploring the path to liberation.
- From contemporary dance to yoga
- Movement patterns, innate animal logic and asana
- The act of balancing or playing with the forces outside of you
- Yogic Yamas & Niyamas vs. Buddhist Paramis
- Regaining subtle body awareness through asana
- Relocating to Nepal and studying Buddhism, Himalayan languages, Tibetan philology
- How studying sutras and scriptures slowly changes you
- Dependent origination and breaking the pattern
- Practices aiming at removing samskaras
- Reconciling Yogic and Buddhist perspectives
- 100.000 prostrations in Bodh Gaya
- Making merit
If you ever in Nepal and want to practice with Ellen or just curious to find out more about her work - visit Ashtanga Nepal website.
Feel grateful and would like to support us? Thank you!
Here is our PAYPAL or PATREON account for contributions.