#26 Leigh Brasington – Deep Dive into Buddhist Meditation | Part 1
January 29, 2021
Nathan Thompson & Evgeny Dziatko
Leigh has been practicing meditation since 1985. He is the senior American student of the late Ven. Ayya Khema. He began teaching retreats in Europe and North America in 1997, and is the author of the book "Right Concentration - A Practical Guide to the Jhanas". This is first part of our in-depth exploration of different aspects of Buddhist teachings that Leigh generously took time and energy for.
- The falling of the veil, spiritual hedonism and world trip
- The story of Theravada nun Ayya Khema
- Ways to look at Pratītyasamutpāda - dependent origination
- Five skandhas, Eckart Tolle and taking a nap
- Emptiness or Śūnyatā, inherent existence and the deathless
- Immortality project
- Leighs process of studying the Suttas
- What are Jhanas or the stages of indestructible mind
- Morality, concentration, wisdom
- Jhanas as a spectrum of concentration states
- As you go deeper the space of observer gets smaller
- Don't get fooled by your concepts
- Leigh's and Nathan's take on the spiritual world of today
- How Buddhism translates into Western culture
Head over to www.escaping-samsara.com for the full list of references from this interview.
You can find many more great references on Leigh's website.
Feel grateful and would like to support us? Thank you!
Here is our PAYPAL or PATREON account for contributions.