#35 Michael Taft - Deconstructing Yourself
June 03, 2021
Nathan Thompson & Evgeny Dziatko
Michael W. Taft is a meditation teacher, bestselling author, and the host of Deconstructing Yourself podcast. From Zen temples in Japan to yogi caves in India, Michael has been meditating for over thirty five years and has extensive experience in both Buddhist Vipassana and Hindu Tantric practice. Michael authored several books, including “The Mindful Geek, Nondualism: A Brief History of a Timeless Concept”, and Ego (which he co-authored).
- Switching between incompatible models of reality
- Taking it too far
- Buddhist modernism
- Mahayana’s critique of Theravada tradition
- Emptiness and the Buddha nature
- On Tantric practice
- Feeling your way through uncharted territory
- Uprooting the seeds of the kleshas
- Parallels between Tantric and Vajrayana practices
- On Vipassana
- Mantra and deities
To find out more about Michael Taft visit Deconstructing Yourself website.
Head over to www.escaping-samsara.com to discover more episodes.
Feel grateful and would like to support us? Thank you!
Here is our PAYPAL or PATREON account for contributions.